A few bugs/suggestions/typos (008 v8)

The place to talk about the Alpha/Beta builds and to find the latest versions.
Fallan
Picking a Hero
Picking a Hero
Warcraft III Username: Fallan @Europe, USEast and USWest
Loading…

A few bugs/suggestions/typos (008 v8)

Post by Fallan » April 24th, 2017, 3:34 pm

Potential bugs(?):

1. Shadow Priest: Shadow Strike movement speed reduction doesn't seem to be working, it says the unit has got reduced speed but it doesn't seem to be the right amount. I compared it to HE Archer's Cold Arrows and Sorceress's Slow where there's a clear movement speed reduction whereas for the Shadow Strike I barely notice any change at all.

2. The Second Wind has a cooldown of 210 sec eventhough the tooltip says 150 sec.

3. DotC: When using Primal Surge in bearform he switches target after it hits.

4. When controlling a summoned enemy unit with Control Magic (Spellbreaker) you can see the unit's spells but can't use them. Is that intended? (I tried it out with the skeletons by the Twilight Jewel)

5. I think I noticed that Urn of Still Voices doesn't give mana back for killed summoned units. Is that intended? Else I'll go have another look!

Suggestions:

6. Increase the range of the Active damage ability of the Urn of Still Voices, right now it doesn't even work on melee attackers, at least not as a DotC (might be because of the big unit box that hero has?). But still I think it should be same range as the Active damage ability of the set 'Free Will', which works on melee attackers as a DotC.

7. Pretty much same as number 6, but this time about Firelight Shawl. Right now it doesn't even work on melee attackers, and I think it should be even bigger range than that, cause as a caster it's really not worth it taking hits from attackers just to get that extra 25 (27,5) damage. In my opinion make it Range 100-200 or something like that, which means you would have to get closer but don't have to stand inside the tank to hit the targets around him.

8. Add drops for the Water Elementals inside Vault?

9. In my opinion reintroduce stash, I liked it :) Why was it removed? To me it's a bit of a pain right now, especially on heroes like DotC which can play several roles, that you get such limited storing space. With the items I got on DotC there's no way I could save for example a Hydrasyre or any fancier pots than lesser ones, while there's still a few more items I'm after.

Typos:

10. DotC: The description when switching from bear form to caster form still says that hit points will be affected (eventhough that was changed). Additionally it says "resoring" instead of "restoring".

11. DotC: Barkskin tooltip: "...damage they take...", should be "damage it takes", as it referes to "the target".

12. Dryad: Slow Poison tooltip for Level 1 missing a space: "...move speed,10%..."

13. Warlock: Voidwalker Mana Shield: "...by using the its mana."

Vice Versa
Picking a Hero
Picking a Hero

Re: A few bugs/suggestions/typos (008 v8)

Post by Vice Versa » April 25th, 2017, 8:21 pm

Bug with priest which has been around for a while I think, if Resurrect gets interrupted, target loses extra 3 gems on revival.

Flix
Picking a Hero
Picking a Hero
Warcraft III Username: Flix-Dude@Europe, @USWest, @USEast

Post by Flix » April 27th, 2017, 9:54 pm

Bugs:
When levelling from 10 to 12 (i.e. killing loads of poor skeletons) i get a bug where the game keeps writing "unable to locate id for a null struct of type: order" or something like that. The game crashes after a while if that happens. Dunno if this happens because of the area being literally filled with items on the ground or something...

NE Archers Rapid Fire and HE Archers Hail of Arrows (or whatever its called) do not trigger creep aggro.

Few more typos:

NE Archer
Dead Eye: "... and ignores its armor" (referring to the target)

Shadow Priest
Shadow Strike: "... reduces its movement speed" (same thing)

Grunt
Fel Rage: "all attacks you land increase" (no singular s, or make that "each attack you land..."
Rip: "dealing damage and making them bleed out over time."

Grimreaver: "...and all marks on its surface" (it says mars now)

Book of Hydromancy: "A book full of initiate water spells..." (its "Initiate" right now... from what i have seen you use capital letters in the skill descriptions when referring to game mechanics, for example "Magic Damage", but use normal spelling in the item "stories". In item descriptions you switch between those two styles.)

Witherwight: "Instant physical damage you deal restores 15 health per attack..."

Fledermaus
Raiding Turtle Nests
Raiding Turtle Nests
Warcraft III Username: Fledermaus@All Realms
Loading…

Post by Fledermaus » July 18th, 2017, 6:34 am

Fallan wrote:
April 24th, 2017, 3:34 pm
1. Shadow Priest: Shadow Strike movement speed reduction doesn't seem to be working, it says the unit has got reduced speed but it doesn't seem to be the right amount. I compared it to HE Archer's Cold Arrows and Sorceress's Slow where there's a clear movement speed reduction whereas for the Shadow Strike I barely notice any change at all.
Checked the code and numbers look fine. Remember that level 1/2 Shadow Strike is only 15% slow - this is lower than level 1/2 Slow (20%) and the same as level 2 Cold Arrows. Level 3 Shadow Strike is 25% slow - just higher than level 1/2 Slow (20%) and the same as level 4 Cold Arrows.
Fallan wrote:
2. The Second Wind has a cooldown of 210 sec eventhough the tooltip says 150 sec.
Thanks, tooltip was bugged - fixed.
Fallan wrote:
3. DotC: When using Primal Surge in bearform he switches target after it hits.
Probably due to WC3 AI. It stuns the target and I think WC3 doesn't prioritize stunned units.
Fallan wrote:
4. When controlling a summoned enemy unit with Control Magic (Spellbreaker) you can see the unit's spells but can't use them. Is that intended? (I tried it out with the skeletons by the Twilight Jewel)
Unintentional. I'll fix it at some point.
Fallan wrote:
5. I think I noticed that Urn of Still Voices doesn't give mana back for killed summoned units. Is that intended? Else I'll go have another look!
It's intended. I'll update the tooltip.
Fallan wrote:
6. Increase the range of the Active damage ability of the Urn of Still Voices, right now it doesn't even work on melee attackers, at least not as a DotC (might be because of the big unit box that hero has?). But still I think it should be same range as the Active damage ability of the set 'Free Will', which works on melee attackers as a DotC.
Yeah I think I can probably increase it's range, it does have a long cooldown (and no direct stats) to compensate.
Fallan wrote:
7. Pretty much same as number 6, but this time about Firelight Shawl. Right now it doesn't even work on melee attackers, and I think it should be even bigger range than that, cause as a caster it's really not worth it taking hits from attackers just to get that extra 25 (27,5) damage. In my opinion make it Range 100-200 or something like that, which means you would have to get closer but don't have to stand inside the tank to hit the targets around him.
I'll need to try it out myself and see how it feels. Not sure I want it to be too large though.
Fallan wrote:
Gimme items then :p
Fallan wrote:
9. In my opinion reintroduce stash, I liked it :) Why was it removed? To me it's a bit of a pain right now, especially on heroes like DotC which can play several roles, that you get such limited storing space. With the items I got on DotC there's no way I could save for example a Hydrasyre or any fancier pots than lesser ones, while there's still a few more items I'm after.
How is Stash different from Backpack saving? In 1.0 only Stash saved, not Stash and Backpack so you still only had a max of 12 saved items.

Fledermaus
Raiding Turtle Nests
Raiding Turtle Nests
Loading…

Post by Fledermaus » July 18th, 2017, 6:48 am

Flix wrote:
April 27th, 2017, 9:54 pm
Grimreaver: "...and all marks on its surface" (it says mars now)
I think that's intentional, I'll double check with Dusk though.
Flix wrote:
Book of Hydromancy: "A book full of initiate water spells..." (its "Initiate" right now... from what i have seen you use capital letters in the skill descriptions when referring to game mechanics, for example "Magic Damage", but use normal spelling in the item "stories". In item descriptions you switch between those two styles.)
That's what is was in 1.0/1.1, guess I can lowercase it though?
Flix wrote:
Witherwight: "Instant physical damage you deal restores 15 health per attack..."
It's not just per attack though, otherwise I would have said something like "Your attacks restore 15 health". It works of abilities that do instant (i.e. non dot) physical damage as well.

Fledermaus
Raiding Turtle Nests
Raiding Turtle Nests
Loading…

Post by Fledermaus » July 18th, 2017, 6:48 am

Vice Versa wrote:
April 25th, 2017, 8:21 pm
Bug with priest which has been around for a while I think, if Resurrect gets interrupted, target loses extra 3 gems on revival.
Never heard of it before, sounds very weird..
I'll try reproduce it. May be annoying now that kloaded has stopped worked.
Does it have to be interrupted by an enemy or does it happen if the Priest just cancels Resurrect as well?

Fallan
Picking a Hero
Picking a Hero
Warcraft III Username: Fallan @Europe, USEast and USWest
Loading…

Post by Fallan » August 2nd, 2017, 12:51 pm

Fledermaus wrote:
July 18th, 2017, 6:34 am
Fallan wrote:
Checked the code and numbers look fine. Remember that level 1/2 Shadow Strike is only 15% slow - this is lower than level 1/2 Slow (20%) and the same as level 2 Cold Arrows. Level 3 Shadow Strike is 25% slow - just higher than level 1/2 Slow (20%) and the same as level 4 Cold Arrows.
I did compare with the ranks you mentioned by letting crabs run next to eachother. For the crabs who got hit by Cold Arrows/Slow I could see the movement speed reduction as compared to an untouched crab, but a crab hit by Shadow Strike seems to move at the same speed as an untouched one.
Fledermaus wrote:
Fallan wrote:
I might have a few in mind! Is there anywhere else I can post other item suggestions too (as they are not exclusively for water elementals)? Or just continue in this thread?
Fledermaus wrote:
Fallan wrote:
How is Stash different from Backpack saving? In 1.0 only Stash saved, not Stash and Backpack so you still only had a max of 12 saved items.
Ah yes my bad, I remembered it as being able to save both backpack and stash back then. I would still prefer to be able to save more than 12 items though and I don't think having a stash at the starting point is a bad idea. That way you can keep an alternative set there and switch to that one if you're about to play another role than your hero is currently dressed for, and still have room in the backpack for potions/hydrasyre/stuff like that. If you don't agree with being able to save 18 items, then how about a "Potion belt" (or something like that) exclusively for potions etc, so you can use the 6 backpack slots for equippable items?
Fledermaus wrote:
July 18th, 2017, 6:48 am
Vice Versa wrote:
April 25th, 2017, 8:21 pm
Never heard of it before, sounds very weird..
I'll try reproduce it. May be annoying now that kloaded has stopped worked.
Does it have to be interrupted by an enemy or does it happen if the Priest just cancels Resurrect as well?
This bug occurred once to me as well, but that was before the fix for The Second Wind triggering while channeling. So back then the interruption caused by that necklace made the revival cost 3 extra gems. I haven't tried to reproduce the interruption in other situations yet.

Fledermaus
Raiding Turtle Nests
Raiding Turtle Nests
Loading…

Post by Fledermaus » October 18th, 2017, 6:00 am

Fallan wrote:
August 2nd, 2017, 12:51 pm
Fledermaus wrote:
Fallan wrote:
I did compare with the ranks you mentioned by letting crabs run next to eachother. For the crabs who got hit by Cold Arrows/Slow I could see the movement speed reduction as compared to an untouched crab, but a crab hit by Shadow Strike seems to move at the same speed as an untouched one.
Maybe one of the crabs was blocking the other one? Looking at the numbers in the code it should be the same...
EDIT: No you're right, there's a bug with Shadow Strike. Will fix.
Fallan wrote:
Fledermaus wrote:
Fallan wrote:
I might have a few in mind! Is there anywhere else I can post other item suggestions too (as they are not exclusively for water elementals)? Or just continue in this thread?
Either or.
Fallan wrote:
Fledermaus wrote:
Fallan wrote:
Ah yes my bad, I remembered it as being able to save both backpack and stash back then. I would still prefer to be able to save more than 12 items though and I don't think having a stash at the starting point is a bad idea. That way you can keep an alternative set there and switch to that one if you're about to play another role than your hero is currently dressed for, and still have room in the backpack for potions/hydrasyre/stuff like that. If you don't agree with being able to save 18 items, then how about a "Potion belt" (or something like that) exclusively for potions etc, so you can use the 6 backpack slots for equippable items?
Maybe eventually when I use the new code system (but probably not), until then it'd increase the code length too much I think.
If they're loaded items (for a second play style) you can just drop them on by the stone, no one can steal them and you probably wont be using them anyway.
There's also an issue with it using an extra hero portrait slot. For sharing it means you'd only be able to get like 2 other heroes shared to you and still be able to see their portrait. I was looking into trying to make the backpack not get shown when you share so if I ever figure that out maybe..

Mec
Killing Baby Crabs
Killing Baby Crabs
Warcraft III Username: Mec@USEast

Post by Mec » November 30th, 2017, 5:04 pm

Suggestions:

Add a -roll/-dice system into the game.

Make Deeplord drop a purple item with 100% chance that is good for every class, so that new players doing vault with us will walk away with a purple item. Maybe like 50 hp, 50 mana, +4 all stats.